Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Two Drummers Smokehouse Review

Recently my husband Andrew and I went to a smokehouse called Two Drummers Smokehouse in Toano, VA.  We had been there before and enjoyed it, but the second time was even better.  When we first went it was a slow time of day so gauging whether they would be able to handle a larger rush was difficult.  This time we went during prime time.  Almost every seat was full, and yet we were seated very quickly.

Two Drummers has a very relaxed feel to it, while being remarkably clean and crisp looking.  The bar and TV's with the World Cup playing and the sounds of people enjoying dinner only enhance the warm feeling you get while sitting in a booth.  The smells of BBQ and good southern cooking fill the air, making patrons even more hungry.  Two Drummers is small so you would expect chaotic times like this to cause long waits for food, but we received our food very quickly.

My husband, Andrew, ordered that day's special, a Crab Cake sandwich and a small bowl full of hush puppies.  My choice was beef brisket with collards, mac-n-cheese, and a biscuit. It was some of the best food I have ever tasted.  The brisket was full of flavor and the portions were considerable for the price.  My husband enjoyed the crab cake sandwich to its fullest, and even snuck some brisket away from my plate. Not to worry, he lost a few hush puppies himself, though.

The service was friendly and inviting as well as attentive.  One of my biggest determining factors in whether I tip well or not is if my drink ever gets empty.  Having a cold, fresh drink is key to enjoying a good meal, in my opinion.  Our waitress kept my drink fresh and full and made sure to be attentive to our needs as patrons.  I have to say this is one of my favorite restaurants. It is fast, delicious, inexpensive, and I would recommend it to anyone!

For anyone interested in going to Two Drummers, check out their website here!

No comments:

Post a Comment