Saturday, July 19, 2014

How To Get Tough Stains Out of Fabric Purses

Recently, I was at the hospital and when they took my IV out as I was leaving, I started bleeding quite a bit without noticing.  As I was leaving someone stopped me and I noticed my beautiful Brighton purse was covered in blood.  I was devastated and thought that it was ruined.  I did some research and nothing very helpful or convincing came up while searching online.  The one product that has been the most helpful in the past with stains is Oxiclean. I decided to go to the store and see what different Oxiclean products there were.

After looking around, I found the closest thing to what I thought might work, although hope was almost gone for my purse.  I decided on Oxiclean Max Force.  The directions say to spray it on and let it sit for 5 minutes to 7 days, and not wanting to take any chances I decided on letting it sit for 7 days.  I also made sure to spray it every so often throughout the day for all 7 days.  Once the 7 days was up, I took some Oxiclean Versatile Stain Remover powder and added it to a bowl of warm water.  I used about a tablespoon for an average cereal sized bowl.  After mixing the water and powder together I started scrubbing my purse in circular motions and after a few minutes the stain just started coming out quite quickly. After I had gotten pretty much all of the stain out I took a hair dryer and dried it until it was just slightly damp, as I was to tired to do it more, and let the rest dry overnight.  Now, my purse looks cleaner on the side with the blood stain than the side that was unaffected!  This is a great way to clean your purse or clean out stains!

What you need:
  • Oxiclean Max Force
  • Oxiclean Versatile Stain Remover
  • Warm Water

No comments:

Post a Comment