Saturday, April 4, 2015

March 2015 Ipsy Glam Bag Review

March Ipsy Glam Bag Review
March's 2015 Ipsy Glam Bag's theme was Floral Fantasy!  I loved the theme as well as the little pouch all of my lovely samples came in.  All Ipsy subscribers received one of three different full size NYX Cosmetics Butter Lipstick.  Though I did love this month's theme, for whatever reason this months Glam Bag was not in the top tier of my overall favorite Glam Bags.  Though I was excited a little at first, it was actually when I received my Glam Bag and tried out all of the samples that I became really excited.  I was pleasantly surprised by most of this months products and actually found quite a few new favorites from some of this months Ipsy Glam Bag's brands.


1. Pixi by Petra Mesmerizing Mineral Duo
   Starting out, I was not super excited by this as I have gotten quite a few neutral tones from Ipsy. Though I have loved all the previous ones I have gotten, I would like to mix it up a little.  However, once I tried this out I found that the darker of the two is perfect for the crease above my eyes.  The lighter of the two makes an OK highlighter, but I have other highlighters I like better. This shadow goes on super smooth and has a good amount of pigmentation. Overall I am happy with this product and the brand, but would have enjoyed something a little bolder too. 




2. NYX Cosmetics Butter Lipstick(Full Size)
   Every Ipsy Glam Bag subscriber received one of these lipsticks in either Hunk, Little Susie, or Pops.  The one pictured above, and the one I received is in the shade Pops. I love, love, love these lipsticks!  They slide on super smooth and really have a nice pigmentation.  My only complaint is that, again, I received this in the most neutral of all the colors, and would have loved to try either of the other two, bolder colors. 




3. Acura Day Cream
   This day cream uses plant stem cells that firm your skin and fight free radicals.  I love this day cream and the smell is simply divine.  It is a great anti-aging cream and I think would be perfect for women in the "first signs of aging" category, from 25-35 or so.  I have been using this every day since I received this in my March Ipsy Glam Bag, and my skin much looks firmer and much more radiant.  This is one product I am sure I will be buying in the future, and will continue to use this in the future.



4. Chella Ivory Lace Highlighter(Full Size)
   This is another product I was only mildly excited about, but, again, once I used it I fell in love.  It also is a full size item that normally cost around $18.00.  This highlighter pencil is perfect for highlighting areas around your eyes and really brightens up and eye makeup. This product also glides on smooth and easy, and I have to say it is now a must have in my makeup routine.




5. skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels(two pair)
   By far my favorite item in this months Glam Bag, these firming eye gels are amazing.  They left me feeling refreshed and visibly reduced puffiness and dark circles around my eyes.  I have used the skyn Iceland brand before, and have loved every product I have gotten from them.  After trying these out, I actually ordered their eye cream which also works extremely well.  I did notice some people complaining that is did not work as much as they liked, but with any skincare product it usually takes 8 weeks to see the full effect.  A lot about good skin care is simply keeping up with a routine and using products over time.  That is the best way to get the full effect of your skincare products.  These are great for a spa day, and I will definitely be purchasing more of these from sister/mother spa days and general under eye care.  On another note you can get skyn Iceland product on Amazon.com at a discount!



Overall I enjoyed my bag, and actually ended up pleasantly surprised!






No comments:

Post a Comment