Sunday, January 11, 2015

December Ipsy Glam Bag Review

December Ipsy Glam Bag

Decembers glam bag was a 7 out of 10 for me.  The products I got that I like I REALLY loved, but there were two items I was not as fond of.  All Ipsy subscribers received a NYX Cosmetics Butter Lip Balm in one of four colors and a Tarte Deluxe lights, camera, lashes 4-in-1 Mascara. Overall I am very happy with the items I got, and the 3 products I LOVED I use all the time.



1. Beauty Without Cruelty A.H.A. 3% Facial Cleanser
   Probably my least favorite item from this months Glam Bag, this cleanser did not work for me.  It smelled nice, but irritated my skin. I have relatively sensitive skin, so many products that work for others don't work for me.  Reading through the comments on the cleansers Ipsy page others with sensitive skin had similar problems, while others had a positive experience using this product.  My advice, if you have sensitive skin it may be best to avoid this, but if your skin is normal in sensitivity you may very well like this product and it does have a pleasant and refreshing smell. 




2. Cailyn Cosmetics Just Mineral Eye Polish in Orchid(Full Size Item)
   By far one of my favorite items I received from an Ipsy Glam Bag, this eye polish is beautiful and adds a stunning shimmer to your eyelids.  Because it is a mineral polish, I find that using an eyeshadow primer OR cream eyeshadow before you put on the polish is a good idea and prevents a lot of fallout. This seemed to be one of the chief complaints on the mineral eye polish Ipsy page.  People also seemed to dislike the applicator, and I have to agree it is not the easiest to work with.  Additionally, on the Cailyn Cosmetics Website there are some really interesting examples of how this eye polish can be used for things from eyeliner and nail polish!


3. NYX Cosmetics Butter Lip Balm in Marshmallow - Pure Nude(Full Size Item)
   Every Ipsy Glam Bag subscriber received one of 4 colors of this lip balm(Marshmallow, Red Velvet, Parfait, and Lady Fingers).  I received the shade Marshmallow(pure nude) and was not fond of the color from the beginning.  The balm itself made my lips super soft and it pigmented nicely but the color itself I did not like.  Not being a big fan of nudes and tones like that, I doubt I would have liked it unless it was a different color.  Others with the similar tone seemed to not be fond of it on the Butter Lip Balm Ipsy page, but those who received the a lip balm in one of the other shades seemed to really like this product.  In my opinion the balm in the shade Lady Fingers seemed to be the favorite of the four.


4. Sexy Hair 450° Blow out Heat Defense Blow Dry Spray Mini
   I love, love, love this product!  It has an amazing smell and my hair is super shiny and sleek after blow drying it.  This spray really protects against heated styling tools and I use it every time I blow dry or curl my hair.  The sample size is good, and I think it will last me for awhile.  It is a product I will definitely be buying when I run out of this sample.  On the Sexy Hair Ipsy page there were mixed feelings about this product. Some seemed to get great results while others felt it did not make much of a difference.  Personally, I noticed it is good to use a liberal amount when spraying in you hair as that gets the best results.  The scent bothers some, while others, including me, LOVE the scent.  It comes out smelling clean and fresh and I had no problems with it.


5. Tarte Deluxe lights, camera, lashes
 4-in-1 Mascara
   This Mascara is amazing and every Ipsy Glam Bag subscriber was lucky to get one in there December Glam Bag.  I don't think I have ever used a Mascara that made my lashes so long a full.  It takes a couple coats and it is good to watch the video in the description on the Tarte website to get some hints on how to maximize this product effectiveness.  The size of the sample is the same size as the Tarte mascara in the Best in Faux lash extending fibers set.  The set is $19.00 for both the Deluxe mascara and the Faux lash extending fibers, but I found that the mascara worked very well on its own!  The general consensus on the Tarte Deluxe Mascara Ipsy page is one of extreme satisfaction and delight at receiving such a high quality product that works so amazingly well.


  Overall this Ipsy bag was great and all my criticisms are minor in relation to the value of the products and the use, overall, that is gained from them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment